December 15, 2006

The home-schooled boy

A 13-year-old boy named Ryan Morgan might have gotten expelled from school after bring charged with gun-possession. Ryan heard a rumor about a gun being in the boys-restroom. Unfortunately, Ryan found the gun but didn’t turn it in right away. Ryan showed the gun to his friends then turned it in into the assistant principal. Luckily Ryan was only forced to be home-schooled and not expelled.

The boy who brought the gun to school was expelled. I know that Ryan didn’t turn in the gun
or get an adult immediately, but he probably wasn’t conscious of what he was doing. I know for a fact that when something amazing/dangerous comes along and you’re unprepared you don’t know what to do. He was probably excited and scared that he had a gun.

I glad that Ryan didn’t get expelled, but he made a bad decision by picking up the gun. I would have suspended the boy for carrying the gun. If I found a gun at his age I would have been scared. However, I know that I would not have touched the gun, because I would have never known what that gun was used for. The gun could have been used to kill someone.

No comments: