November 10, 2006

Monday

On Monday our class was told to fast from one thing that we constantly do. The people who watch TV everyday had to fast from it. While others who listen to the radio all day had to fast from that. Usually people who do a certain thing everyday are addicted to that certain thing. Most of the time an addiction is something that is not necessary in order to live life. I am addicted to music.

Some people are addicted to smoking, drinking etc. I am addicted to listening to music. It is something about music that excites me. Smoking and drinking are nasty in my eyes. I know that I would never smoke, because I am an asthmatic and my lungs can’t handle it. In addition, cigarettes and cigars have an offensive odor. I’ll never drink beer, because it kills brain cells. Basically, whenever a person drinks beer they're causing them to become less intelligent. It doesn’t seem proper to drink something that kills your brain cells. That is a lose-lose situation.

I love music. I love all types of music. The only two kinds of music that I don’t like are classical music and dusties from the 60’s. Recently, whenever I become angry, I listen to jazz. It is soothing, relaxing, and calming. The first day of fasting was easy. I hoped the rest would have the same effect.

No comments: