November 10, 2006

Thursday

Day four of the fast was extremely painful. Especially since I was out of school the entire day. I tried doing things that wouldn’t allow me to listen to music. For example, I read my American Literature book. No matter how hard I try, I can not listen to music and read at the same time. I can’t seem to comprehend what I am reading. Whether it is my radio or another radio I can’t read and comprehend and listen to music at the same time. I get absolutely distracted.

Later that day I had to rake the leaves in the front and along the side of my house. On my way out of the door, I had my ipod in my hands. As soon as I stepped out of the door, I remembered my fast. Then I put it back. I was tempted not to put it back, but I knew that that would prove I couldn’t do it. I wanted to prove to everyone, and most importantly myself that I could go a week without music.

No comments: