October 03, 2006

American History

Many nations have been involved with the history of the United States of America. Nations such as: Great Britain, France, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Japan, Russia, Iraq, etc. have all been connected with the U.S. The U.S. adopted many cultures and customs from other countries. Our U.S. politicians borrowed some political ideas from Great Britain. Other countries have monuments recognizing people who were important in the country’s history. U.S. citizens honor people who were deeply involved with the establishment of present-day America. Mount Rushmore is an example of this.

I’m not as interested in politics as other people. For example, when President George W. Bush addresses American citizens I don’t pay any attention. I only pay attention to politics when it comes to elections, and I pay close attention when they're responding to a disaster that has occurred. I am mainly interested in the laws that they create. I pay attention to that the most, because I need to abide by every law. I don’t want to go to jail for breaking a law that I wasn't aware of. That is why I’m going to start paying attention a little more to politics then I had before.

No comments: