October 13, 2006

Convictions (part 2)

There are many superstitions that people believe in. Some of these superstitions reflect bad luck and some good luck. Superstitions such as: walking under a ladder, a black cat walking in front of you, breaking a mirror, splitting a pole, and Friday the 13th is supposedly bad luck . Superstitions such as: a four leaf clover, a horseshoe, and a rabbit’s foot are supposedly good luck. The only superstition that I believe in is splitting a pole.

For some reason, every time I’m walking with someone and I split a pole something bad happens. One time I split a pole with my friend, and less than two minutes later my friend ended up fighting someone. In another situation I split a pole before my Algebra 2 class, and that day I received a 50% out of 100% on my Algebra 2 test. That is why whenever someone that I am walking with happens to split a pole I force then to come back and go in the right direction. To my surprise there are many people who don’t believe in splitting poles. Other people that I know intentionally split a pole just to make me angry.

No comments: